Look inside the brain of Engr. Alex A. Valdez.
His Ideas and Opinions is being revealed.
He is known as the "The Mad Genius of Computer Science & Everything"

Baguio Centennial Chess Club

Baguio Centennial Chess Club
Click Above Picture to Visit the Website

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Is My Credit Card No Longer Safe?

I received my credit card billings today (Friday, January 4, 2008) and to my surprise, a company in Italy is claiming 130.50 Euros (193.41 US Dollars) from my account. The company's name is "TRENITALIA - VENDITA ON L". They claimed that the transaction was made December 13, 2007 and posted to my account on December 15, 2007.

I immediately reported this to my bank (Friday, January 4, 2008). Signed a dispute form. And my bank sent it to the credit card company.

I search the Internet and discovered that Trenitalia was a railway train service in Italy. I am in the Philippines while my double is in Italy.

Now, We have to test the jurisprudence of the Philippines and Italy regarding e-commerce law.

Whatever is the result, I will post it here in the future.